10/23/13

Halloween Dishes

Here goes the dishes that my friends and I prepared at the party. 


To start with, here is a Ham Head! I molded newspapers into the shape of a skull, and wrap it in plastic wrap. Make sure to NOT choose lean ham like us. It would stick better if it's greasy, or use bacon instead. My friends had a hard time doing this because it won't stick! Thus the toothpick. Oh well. It still looks good.
 That's olives for the eyes and nose, plus apples and marshmallows for the mouth. Use a peanut butter to stick the marshmallows on the apple. 




Now that is a Paprika Jack o' Lantern. Easier than pumpkins. You can put anything you like inside. I decided to just make a salad for something healthier. :)



Then a Snake Sandwich! Cut the hotdog buns into bite size and fill it with whatever you like. Here I made chicken sandwich since we already had pork and beef dishes. I think it would be more colorful and enticing if you add other veggies like tomatoes, which I actually forgot to put. Again, olives for the eyes, and leftover paprika for the snake tongue.


And here is our Mummy Meat Loaf! We are not used to mixing this much ground meat all our life so it sucked most of our energy before the party even started, but it is worth all your time and energy because it was a big hit! I would recommend making the ground meat mixture the night before though, if you don't have anyone to help you. ;)


And this, are the yummy brownies that my friend made. Her brownies are really perfect, I love it. She also printed those... what do you call that? Anyways, yeah.. We added lots of marshmallows this time on her original recipe, and it became a gooey goodness. You might want to add the marshmallows minutes before you take it off the oven if you still want to see it, because if you don't know, it WILL melt. Haha.



Lastly, Pumpkin Stew. onions, potatoes, carrots, sausages, halloween pasta leftover paprika, and lots of pumpkins, milk and stew mix makes this yummy stew that is perfect for the cold weather. I think I had about 4 bowls of this the next day! Haha!



So there! I might post the Mummy Meat Loaf recipe if I feel like it. But generally, it is just your ordinary meat loaf shaped into a mummy and topped with sauce and cheese. 


Until next post! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment